Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Art Hound Postcards and the Best Blizzard of 2010

Nothing says "I Love You" like Art Hound postcards.

At least that is what I am hoping since my Susan said no one except me wants a knuckle bone for Christmas. We are also working on other Art Hound craft items. Top secret until after the holidays - but I'll let you know if any of them turn out.

Art Hound postcards

If I was famous, I would become an entrepreneur and fill Boy#1 and Boy#2's college funds to the brim. I might harness the new economy like that couple Daughter Number Three blogged about a week or so ago.They made a cool Star Wars alphabet book and put it online for free viewing. Then, if you wanted to, you could make a donation to their baby's college fund. For donations over $15, they would send a printed booklet of the alphabet book as a thank you. Pretty cool way to keep it all tax free and not get George Lucas all huffy. Apparently, it was a wild success. As the dad Brandon writes


"Holy cow, internet. A ginormous thanks to everyone who donated to Tycho's college fund during our December donation drive! Due to a crazy overwhelming volume of donations, we've achieved our goal at lightspeed, and have closed the donation drive far ahead of schedule."

But since I am just a dog lacking opposable thumbs or an income stream, I'll stick to what I do best - snuggling and letting my boys rub my belly.

But why all this time for crafting? Why the Best Blizzard of 2010, of course. Two - count 'em - two snow days to keep my Susan and the boys at home baking, crafting, playing video games and even getting caught up on laundry. Not that I give a hoot about laundry or video games. But I get great company so I having been howling "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"

This is the Blizzard of 2010 in progress.
I am over by the tree hoping a squirrelsicle falls.

When all was said and done, it was a foot and half of snow.
I do miss lounging on the deck chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment