Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

Usually, Saturdays are dog park days, extra walk days, backyard days... When I wake up on weekends, the whole family is home. Even the bustle and bickering of chores is interesting - so long as the vacuum keeps its distance and Susan doesn't yell too much. On Saturdays, the pack is united and on the move.

This morning was so dark I wasn't sure if I should wake folks up at 7:30 a.m. (but I did). The boys' beds were empty... I think they were boarded for the night at a boy kennel. Dave and Susan lounged about like cats -- sipping coffee, reading the paper, listening to Simon & Garfunkel and Greg Brown (which hasn't gotten much play since the boys became music critics) and musing about their future after their pups leave the den. YAWN.


Rain spattered windows and my very quick morning constiutional told me it is going to be one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment